Friday, May 23, 2014

Arvind Kejriwal's letter from Tihar Jail[English translation)


Arvind Kejriwal's letter from Tihar

Why I was arrested?

Is exposing a Gadkari's corruption an offence?

I was sent to Tihar Jail on the evening of 21st May. I was in absolute shock. I couldn't understand that what is my offence?

I have exposed BJP's former president Nitin Gadkari. But he is roaming free. Even no investigation was done against his corruption. But I was sent to jail. This is absolutely wrong. If such things happens then who will raise the voice against corruption in this country. I have been to get a bail but what is my offence? I should take bail in which offence? Corruption is being done by Nitin Gadkari, A Raja and Suresh Kalmadi, all these people should take bail.

Many big leaders have filed a case against me till now. I have exposed Kapil Sibbal's corruption, his son filed a case against me. I have exposed Shiela Dixit's corruption, her adviser filed a case against me. There are several other cases like this against me. But in no such case, I was asked to take a bail because I am not a culprit. These people are culprits. I just gave my signature to the court that I will be available on the respective dates and court was satisfied by this.

I was hopeful that court will give relief to me in this case but instead of granting bail, court has sent me to jail. Now, I am in Tihar Jail and this question is troubling me that how aam aadmi can fight against corruption?

As i am in Jail, the message goes that if aam aadmi like me will raise the voice against the corruption of big leaders like Gadkari, he has to land in jail. This is very much dangerous.

If such thing can happen with me then how aam aadmi will raise voice against corruption. I want to say that if I have committed offence then I should get strict punishment. Otherwise, I should be released soon. I will keep fighting for common people and against corruption until my last breath.

one more thing, one section of media is against us at this moment. They are labeling my fight against corruption as nautanki or drama. I would like to request that if you people read any baseless news against me, then please don't believe on it at all.

I have decided to stake my life in the fight against corruption. In this fight, I remained hungry, got thrashed by police lathis, tolerated insult and now I am in Tihar Jail. You support is my strength. Pray for me from god.  Circulate as much copies of this letter as possible.


AAP - 9718500606

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts